Q-186 Breast conservation surgery not advised in
- Lobular carcinoma
- Ductal carcinoma in situ
- Early breast carcinoma
- Screening detected carcinoma
- Breast-conserving treatments are indicated in surgeries like early breast carcinoma. lobular carcinoma ,ductal carcinoma in situ.
Q-193 Which of the following is not a treatment for phyllodes tumor ?
- Wide local excision
- Simple mastectomy
The common treatment for phyllodes is wide local excision. Other than surgery, there is no cure for phyllodes, as chemotherapy and radiation therapy are not effective. The risk of developing local recurrence or metastases is related to the histologic grade, according to the above-named features. Despite wide excision a very high percentage of surgeries yielded incomplete excision margins that required revision surgery.
Q-201 A 50-year-old woman, gravida 3, para 2, spontaneous abortions 1, presents with abnormal vaginal bleeding. Her menstrual cycles used to occur regularly every 30 days and lasted 3 to 4 days. She now has periods every 15 to 22 days and they last for 6 to 7 days for the last 6 months. The bimanual examination reveals a slightly enlarged, regular contour, anteverted uterus that is nontender to palpation. The next best step in management is:
- Low-dose oral contraceptive pills
- Endometrial biopsy
- Dilation and curettage
- Endometrial ablation
· Dear where mentioned she is pregnant
Q-208 Test for fetal maturity in a diabetic mother is
- L:S ratio
- Lecithin-cephalin ratio
- Phosphatidyl choline
- Phosphatidyl glycerol.
Phosphatidyl Glycerol :
- PG appears in the amniotic fluid usually after 36 weeks and is a marker of the final biochemical maturation of the fetal lungs.
Errata Q-265 Which of the following drugs is drug of choice in a patient with raised intracranial pressure?
Ans 265 : (a) Thiopentone
Q-275 Brachytherapy is used in treatment of all except:
- Carcinoma cervix
- Anal carcinoma
- Ewing’s tumour
- Desmoid tumour
Ans 275: (d) Desmoid tumour
Reference: Read the text below
- Desmoid is radioresistant tumour, and surgical resection is the better treatment option.